Cardinal Hume Catholic School (Trinity North East Teaching School Alliance)
Cardinal Hume Catholic School is the lead school in the Trinity North East Teaching School Alliance. Our strategic partners are St Robert of Newminster Catholic School & Sixth Form College, Cramlington Learning Village, St Benet Biscop Catholic Academy and Newcastle University.
- Lead provider for School Direct teacher training
- Strong tradition of school to school support
- Delivering of the Every Lesson Outstanding programme
- High quality CPD opportunities
- Whole school literacy support
- Specialist Leaders of Education available for deployment
School to School Support
Trinity North East Teaching School has a strong tradition of school to school support.
There are a number of ways our teaching school can offer school-to-school support, such as:
- Addressing weaknesses identified by Ofsted (or by other agencies) by providing additional leadership capacity to improve the quality of teaching and learning in specific subjects; year groups or with individual teachers.
- Assisting a school in developing and implementing policies designed to bring about school improvement.
- Bringing about improvements in the data analysis undertaken by schools.
- Raising attainment and standards by closing the gap for identified vulnerable and underachieving groups.
- Providing an acting headteacher in a challenging school.
- Providing an executive headteacher to work with a fereation or similar organisation of schools.
- Business and Finance support
- ICT Network support