Spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development lies at the heart of the Ofsted framework. Promotion of SMSC is threaded through all aspects and is an important focus of the overall effectiveness judgement. SMSC covers all that the school does to provide a nurturing, supportive environment in which all thrive and through which all are able to participate in school life and in their communities in the complexity of the twenty first century. It includes the important issue of British values.
This one-day course is suitable for all teachers and learning support staff.
Why should I attend?
• Learn how to recognise where SMSC development opportunities already exist in your school and to audit their effectiveness.
• Find out how to encourage staff and pupils alike to deepen their understanding of SMSC.
• Discover ways of enhancing provision to impact on learning outcomes and to improve achievement as shared through best practice from peers from a range of schools and backgrounds.
What will it cover?
• The definitions of SMSC and what constitutes British values.
• Translation from policy into reality and into accurate self-evaluation.
• Exploration of auditing existing provision and considering impact on academic and personal development.
• Ideas to help develop current practice into powerful school development opportunities.
Date: 26th September 2017
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Venue: The Ramside Hall Hotel - Durham
The Ramside Hall Hotel, Durham