School Governance: Governor Mark masterclass (3 CPD points or hours)
9.00 am - 12.30 pm
22nd June 2017 – Durham
Target Group: Head Teacher, Chair of Governing Body, Governors, Clerks, Bursar, Office Manager, Human Resources
The Governors Mark award is a non-prescriptive model which measures the working practices of the governing body and their impact on school performance. It is designed to recognise the difference governing bodies make to the school's leadership and management, the impact on school improvement and the learning outcomes for children.
The Governors Mark assessment follows the Ofsted framework and expectations on governing bodies.
The Governors Mark award also examines relationships between governors and senior staff, as well as recent developments in the Ofsted framework about preparing pupils for life in modern Britain.
This masterclass will cover the 3 strands of the Governor Mark:
1) the ethos and working practices which underpin the work of the governing body
2) the assessment framework within which the governing body works to strengthen the work of the school
3) the impact of governance, influencing achievement in the school
School Governance: Governor Mark masterclass is an essential element of governors induction and part on their ongoing CPD programme.
-The most effective ways in which the governing body can engage all Governors in the review of the Governor Mark award
- The governance requirements stipulated by Ofsted
- How evidence sources, actions and commentary can be recorded and an action plan developed.
- The use of the links to other documents and resources
- How the governing body can benchmark its governance against the 3 strands
- How schools, that meet the required benchmark, can apply for the Governor Mark
- Effective governance action plan
- To be aware of the 3 strands of the Governor Mark
- To know Ofsted governance requirements
- To be able to benchmark the 3 strands of the Governor Mark to your school
- To know the process of how to apply for the Governor Mark
- Being able to put an Effective governance action plan highlighting best practice and AFI within the school/Governing Body
- Delegates pack
- Framed certificate of attendance
- Complimentary chocolates/mints/sweets
The Rivergreen Centre, Durham, Durham City, County Durham, DH1 5TS