On behalf of Prince Bishops Teaching School Alliance, I have pleasure in enclosing details of a 1 day certified Positive Handling Training session.
This CPD fully accredited by the national ‘Qualifications Network’ and all trainers hold formal BTEC qualifications in Conflict Resolution and Restraint of vulnerable adults and children.
During the training, your staff will:
• Be taken through all of the relevant guidance and safety aspects of managing disruptive or challenging behaviour.
• Will receive practical training in relevant de-escalation strategies and comprehensive approaches in escorting and guiding
• Receive certification, staff handbooks & a Due Diligence Pack for your school
Your Staff Will Learn:
• Diffusion and De-Escalation strategies for disruptive pupils.
• DfE Guidance on “The Use of Reasonable Force with Pupils”.
• Integrated non-contact and contact graduated incident flow.
• Inherent risks of a restrictive intervention and how to reduce them.
• Health & Safety considerations “Duty of Care”.
• Non harmful and least intrusive approaches to control a child at risk to themselves or others.
• Positive Handling Holds and Restraint Techniques for Non-Harmful Control of Children and Young People.
This CPD will be held at Wynyard Hall
To book a place on this traingin please visit PBTSA on the link: http://www.pbtsa.co.uk/training-and-events/