North East Ambition
14th Jul 2017
North East Local Enterprise Partnership
The North East is leading careers guidance reforms: Be part of it.
The North East Local Enterprise Partnership has prioritised education and skills, and committed to support every school and college in the region to adopt, implement and achieve the Good Career Guidance Benchmarks. Join this event to find out more about the Benchmarks, the successes so far, and how they can transform careers guidance in your school.
At this event you will have the opportunity to:
- - Be present at the launch ‘North East Ambition’ – as the Chair of the North East LEP and the Skills Director outline the importance of education and skills as part of the refreshed strategic economic plan
- - Hear directly from leading headteachers and senior leaders as they discuss the importance of careers education and the wider benefits of innovatively linking with business to improve outcomes for young people
- - Understand the practical support and resources availableto help schools and colleges deliver the ‘North East Ambition’ for each and every student – including those who are the most vulnerable and those with special educational needs
- - Consider the DfE and Ofsted’s latest guidance on careers education and focus on how schools and colleges can generate impact and ‘appropriately prepare students for the next stage’
- - Identify, share and learn from good practice across the region, engaging with leading practitioners who have participated in the national ‘Career Benchmarks’ pilot and understand how you can successfully implement these benchmarks in your organisation
- - Identify current Labour Market trends and intelligence and, as senior leaders, reflect upon what this means for curriculum and future development planning in your organisation.
To register for your FREE place, which includes lunch and time for networking, visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/north-east-ambition-tickets-35376454929
Crowne Plaza Newcastle, Stephenson Quarter, Forth Banks, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 3SA