Getting it right as an Academy Clerk or Company Secretary - Newcastle
14th Jun 2017
Are you an academy or due to convert?
Are you clear what the role of Company Secretary involves?
Our regular training events are designed to provide you with a comprehensive guide to the role of Company Secretary to an Academy and include the following:
- The legal framework encompassing a practical guide to how an academy trust should operate under its articles of association and relevant parts of company law
- The specific role and responsibilities of a Company Secretary to an academy trust
- The relationship between the Company Secretary and Clerk to Governors roles
- How to convene and support member and director meetings
- Decision-making in meetings and by resolution
- Keeping the right paperwork – company registers, agendas, minutes, and reports to Companies House
- New rules coming into force under the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015
- Company Secretaries appointed by academy trusts who wish to understand how the role applies in an academy setting
- Clerks to school governing bodies who wish to work as, or who are working alongside, Company Secretaries
- School Business Managers or governors who are thinking about how to operate the role of Company Secretary to their academy trust
- Multi Academy Trust directors who want to better understand their governance structure
Our training events are a great forum to exchange ideas and experiences with your counterparts in other schools.
Louise Cazan, Senior Associate, Education Team
Emma Harrison, Paralegal, Education Team
£60 plus VAT
To book your place, please click here. For any queries, please contact Events@stoneking.co.uk.
Please feel free to pass the invitation on to any colleagues, should you think they would be interested in attending.
For further information