GDPR workshop for Data Protection Officers (DPO)
9.00 am - 12.30 pm
3rd November 2017 – Durham
8th November 2017 – Washington
Please note at each venue there are 15 places available for this workshop.
A half day GDPR Workshop for Data Protection Officers (DPO) that will give you a understanding of the proposed changes to record compliance, equipping you with the knowledge you need to plan, prepare, safeguard and future-proof your school on what is needed.
The workshop is aimed at School Business Managers, Office Managers, Deputy Head and the DP Compliance Officer. Therefore, please forward on as appropriate to relevant colleagues.
Data Protection training is an essential element of staff induction and part of their ongoing CPD programme.
- Understanding the new privacy law (GDPR) and its possible implications
- Outlining the whole school responsibilities of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Compulsory documentation required for May 2018
- Hands-on workshop activities to get you ready
- Dealing with Data Processors (DP’s) contracted to the school
- Overview of the record of compliance (including creating a school compliance record)
- Take away tested toolkits and a certificate of training for your own CPD records
- Overview of the requirements of GDPR
- Duties of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Aware of the records required for compliance
- Practical action plan for the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Delegates will receive:
- Certificate of attendance
- Complimentary chocolates/mints/sweets
- Lunch and refreshments
£175 + vat per delegate (5% discount on the overall cost for 3 or more delegates attending from the same school)
3rd November 2017 - The Rivergreen Centre, Durham, Durham City, County Durham,
8th November 2017 - Holiday Inn Washington, Emerson Road, Washington, NE37 1LB
Please note that this event can be provided 'in-house' at your school, a consortium meeting or a Bursar training event usually at significant savings per delegate (minimum 5 delegates). You will be asked in advance if you need a particular focus for the day which will be incorporated in our proposal.
Contact Details to book:
Evelyn on 0121 622 2502 or email@example.com
The Rivergreen Centre, Durham, Durham City, County Durham, DH1 5TS