ESafety Awareness (4 CPD points or hours)
9.30 am - 2.30 pm
11th October 2017 – Durham
13th October 2017 – Washington
Target Group: IT Technicians, Bursars, Business Managers, Office Managers, Sencos, Head Teachers, Governors
New technologies open up many exciting benefits and opportunities for children
and young people but they can also present some risks. Technology is becoming
all pervasive, touching all areas of society, with children and young people having
increasing access to personal technology such as web-enabled phones.
This workshop will provide you with the latest information on what is happening in the digital world. We will also share resources with you that you can take away to use to educate your staff, pupils and parents/carers.
ESafety training is an essential element of the ongoing CPD programme for staff.
- Impact of Data Protection, Internet Security, Social Media and Safeguarding
- Ofsted’s eight e-safety demands
– Impact of ESafety in 2018
– Advice and tips for parents/carers
- ESafety legislation
- Robust ESafety/AUP policy
- 360 Online Mark
- 360 Data Safety Mark
- ESafety school action plan
- To understand the impact of ESafety in your school
- To be aware of the legal implications of Data Protection, Internet Security, Social Media and Safeguarding in your school
- To recognise the importance of having robust ESafety/AUP policies in your school
Delegates will receive:
- Free review of the school's ESafety/AUP policy
- Certificate of attendance
- Complimentary chocolates/mints/sweets
£225 + vat per delegate (5% discount on the overall cost for 3 or more delegates attending from the same school)
11th October 2017– The Rivergreen Centre, Durham, Durham City, County Durham, DH1 5TS
13th October 2017- Holiday Inn Washington, Emerson Road, Washington, NE37 1LB
Please note that this event can be provided 'in-house' at your school, a consortium meeting or a Bursar training event usually at significant savings per delegate (minimum 5 delegates). You will be asked in advance if you need a particular focus for the day which will be incorporated in our proposal.
The Rivergreen Centre, Durham, Durham City, County Durham, DH1 5TS