NCFE IIQ accredited course
Get staff choices right first time, minimise risks and avoid employment pitfalls with our accredited (NCFE IIQ) Back to Basics course.
Develop a better understanding of employment law principles & practical skills
Run over 2 days, the sessions will explain legal principles and requirements; helping you to identify and practically deal with employment issues early.
1. Formulating the Relationship: Working relationships and common issues around recruitment and selection processes.
2. Starting the Relationship: Understanding and implementing contracts of employment and changes to contracts of employment.
3. Managing the Relationship: Managing common day to day employee issues such as absence or poor performance, with certainty.
4. Managing the Relationship: A short guide to equality and diversity issues.
5. Ending the Relationship: How to limit the risks of any termination, including redundancies.
6. Dealing with any fallout of the relationship: Employment tribunals – a practical guide
Who should attend?
This course is ideally suited to Business Managers, Bursars, Head Teachers or other members of the senior leadership team wishing to consolidate/update their knowledge, or needing advice on how to deal with staff issues.
Assist your professional development
On completion of all 6 sessions, and an assessment, successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by NCFE. This is not a nationally recognised qualification but has been benchmarked at Level 3 (using Ofqual's Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) level descriptors) to reflect the basis of the depth of study, difficulty, and level of acheivement involved.
Feedback on previous Back to Basics training:
"Pitched at the right level, very well delivered and easy to understand....I got a lot from the course in general....Excellent course to allow all levels of HR specialists to brush up on skills."
This 2 day course will run on Thursday 2 (sessions 1-3) and Thursday 9 March 2017 (sessions 4-6)
£400 plus VAT, per delegate for the full 2 day course, with a 25% discount for members of Schools North East.
Payment plans are available upon request.
To register yourself or to book for your organisation please contact me or complete the online registration.
Time Central 32 Gallowgate, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4BF