4th Annual Education / Employment and HR Conference 2017 in Leeds
4th Jul 2017
Shifting sands: managing staff in uncertain times
In our fourth annual conference, our team of specialist Employment Lawyers and HR Consultants will look at the year ahead for schools in the state sector and specifically the employment/HR challenges arising from:
- The introduction of new apprenticeship requirements and the payment of a levy for some employers. This fully interactive seminar will focus on the changes, practicalities for compliance and pitfalls to be aware of as well as outlining the new regime and employer requirements.
- Dealing with changing terms and conditions in the context of TUPE transfers. We are increasingly advising schools on the risks and practicalities of changing terms and conditions after a TUPE transfer. This seminar will highlight the legal risks and take the delegate on a journey through common issues and practical resolutions.
- How to manage capability effectively. This seminar will be given by one of the team’s specialist HR Consultants and will include real practical advice on setting appropriate targets, importance of day to day management and moving through a formal process.
- Getting contracts right. A new addition for the 4th annual conference, join our employment contracts masterclass. This useful session will result in delegates engaging with the process of drafting, and will provide useful clauses to take away.
- Keeping up to date on relevant developments in the sector. One of our specialist employment lawyers will deliver an update session dealing with sector specific cases and new developments which have practical impact on the day to day lives of schools.
For the first time this year and as a result of the team’s expansion into Stone King’s Leeds office, the Employment and HR team will be running this conference in both London and Leeds. The team would be delighted to welcome you to either event.
£75 per person
To book your place, please click here.
For any queries, please contact LynseyOlbison@stoneking.co.uk.
For further information